You can connect Spotlight Reporting to your Xero HQ account to seamlessly manage clients between your two favourite apps. Once you’ve done this, you can set up alerts in Spotlight Reporting which will appear in Xero HQ - for example to remind you to start work on a client report, import their data or other helpful tasks.
Connect to Xero HQ
To connect your Spotlight Reporting account to your Xero HQ account, you need to authorise the Spotlight connection in Xero. This is an easy process and should only need to be done once.
- Log into Spotlight Reporting.
- Click the Settings button then choose Xero HQ.
Note: To access this option, you must be logged into Spotlight as a user with the Practice Admin user role.
- Click Connect to Xero HQ.
- When prompted to connect to Xero, click Continue.
- If required, enter your Xero login details click Login.
Note: If you are already logged in to Xero, the login window may not appear and you can continue to the next step.
- Choose the practice you want to connect to, then click Allow Access.
Once the authorisation is complete, you are redirected back to Spotlight and you are connected to Xero HQ.
Xero HQ Settings
Once you've set up the integration, Spotlight Reporting can send alerts to Xero HQ’s activity feed to help you or your staff keep track of any important actions that need to take place within Spotlight Reporting. You can then go directly to the relevant task from the shortcut provided. There are currently four alerts available:
- Tailored Spotlight Reporting industry template is available for organisation
This alert appears if your organisation within Xero HQ sets its industry to one that is compatible with the industry templates available in Spotlight Reporting.
- Time to prepare a new report
This alert checks your report history and how regularly you run your reports to alert you if you need to create a new report.
- Remember to complete or publish last report
This alert appears if you've finished working on a report, but haven't yet published it.
- No data has been imported for last report
This alert appears if you've created a new report, but haven't yet imported any updated data for the organisation.
You can find more information about the activity feed in Xero HQ at the Xero Business Help Centre.