Edit and delete a rule
Spotlight Forecasting lets you edit rules in your forecast and scenarios. You can also delete certain Balance Sheet rules you no longer require.
Elsewhere in Help Centre:
Edit a rule
You can edit Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet rules.
Follow these steps:
- From the Customise Data tab click the Profit and Loss or Balance Sheet tab and expand the applicable account category, for example, Profit and Loss > Expenses.
- Click on the rule button beside the account name it applies to.
Alternatively, click the required default rule button to apply your changes to multiple accounts linked to that default rule.
- Make the required changes and click Next to get to each new screen.
- If required, add a note and Save Rule.
Delete a Balance Sheet rule
If you have added a Balance Sheet rule that you no longer require, follow these steps to delete it:
- From the Customise Data tab go to the Balance Sheet tab and expand the required account category, for example, Current Assets.
- Click on the rule button beside the account name it applies to. If you have previously added a rule, the rule button will be coloured green.
- Click Delete twice.
If you have added a Profit and Loss rule you no longer require, you will need to ensure that the account is attached to another rule.