To record inventory or stock movements within Spotlight Forecasting, you can use a non-cash rule.
- Within the forecast, open the Profit & Loss tab.
- Open the Cost of Sales section, then locate your Opening Stock and Closing Stock accounts.
- Click Add Rule, then enter a name for the rule.
- From the Rule Type drop-down list, choose Non Cash.
- From the Select Account to Apply Rule To drop-down list, choose your Opening Stock and Closing Stock accounts - alternatively select one of these accounts to record a net stock movement entry.
- From the Journal To drop-down list, choose the Stock Asset account.
- Click Next, then click Save Rule.
The inventory or stock values now appear in your Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss reports only - these values will be excluded from the Cashflow Forecast report.