Recording a fixed asset purchase
- Within the forecast, open the Balance Sheet tab.
- Open the Non-Current Assets section, then locate the account you want to use to record the asset.
- Click the Fixed Asset rule alongside your asset account.
Note: If you prefer, you can use the Add Account option to create a new account. To ensure the Fixed Asset rule appears against your account, you can add the rule using the Add Rule button.
- Select the required payment option for the asset:
- Asset(s) paid for with Accounts Payable - If you want to record payment for the asset through Accounts Payable, without a loan, select this option. You can then enter the timing of the payments in the Payment Schedule area.
- Asset(s) paid for with Loan or HP - If you want to record a loan for the asset, select this option. You can then select the loan liability account to use from the Payment Account drop-down list.
- Click Next, then enter the asset purchase amount into the Asset Movements column.
- Click Next again, then click Save Rule.
Note: You only need to complete this section if your asset was purchased using a loan.
This article explains how Loan repayments can be entered into your forecast or scenario.
- Within the forecast, open the Profit & Loss tab.
- Open the Expenses section, and locate the Depreciation account.
- Enter the budgeted depreciation amounts directly into the yellow cells of the data grid.
- Click the EXP.DEP Default rule.
- Click Next, then enter the percentage of the amount you want to assign to each accumulated depreciation balance sheet account.
- Click Next, then click Save Rule.