MYOB AccountRight Desktop
- Supported versions
- Preparing to import
- Connecting to your MYOB company file
- Importing data
- Checking your account mapping
- Updating the Desktop Connector
You can import data into Spotlight from MYOB AccountRight 2015.4 and above.
We do not currently support MYOB Mac, or earlier versions of MYOB AccountRight Desktop - this includes:
- AccountRight v19 (Enterprise, Premier, Plus & Standard)
- AccountingPlus v18.5, Premier v12.5, Premier Enterprise v6.5
- AccountingPlus v18, Premier v12, Premier Enterprise v6
- AccountingPlus v17, Premier v11, Premier Enterprise v5
If you use an older version, or you use MYOB Mac, you can still import your data into Spotlight using the Excel import.
To import your data into Spotlight, you’ll need to download and install the Spotlight Desktop Connector. You can do this from within your organisation.
Note: You only need to install the Desktop Connector the first time you connect to an MYOB AccountRight Desktop file. If you’ve already installed this, please continue to the next section.
- Open or create your organisation as normal.
- From the Import tab, in the Add Data Source section click Desktop, then click MYOB AccountRight Desktop.
- Click the MYOB AccountRight Desktop data source. Spotlight then searches for the Desktop Connector. As the Desktop Connector is not yet installed, click the link to begin.
- The setup file downloads automatically to your default downloads folder. Locate and double-click the setup.exe file, then when prompted, click Run.
- The Desktop Connector installs and a small splash screen appears. Once the splash screen disappears, the installation is complete.
- Within Spotlight, from the Import tab click the Connect link.
- To launch the Desktop Connector, click Load Company File.
- From the Company File drop-down list, choose the company you want to import into Spotlight.
Note: For a company file to appear in the Desktop Connector, it must be in your AccountRight Library. You cannot load a company into the Desktop Connector from a backup file. For further information, please refer to the Troubleshooting section.
- Enter your MYOB username and password, then click Open.
You’ve now connected to the company file and can import your data.
Note: To import data into Spotlight from MYOB desktop, your user account must have full access rights to the MYOB data file.
- From the Import tab, click the MYOB AccountRight Desktop data source.
- Select the check boxes for any actual, budget, job or category data you want to import.
- If you are importing job or category data, to select the particular data to import, click Edit Jobs or Edit Categories, select the required options and then click Confirm Selection.
- For each item, enter the date range you want to import.
Note: The first time you import, this should include any history you want to bring into Spotlight. You can import the current financial year, and up to three previous years. After the first import, you need only import the date range which has been updated in MYOB.
- To continue, click Import.
The first time you import, the process may take a few minutes. In subsequent imports, you can bring in only the updated data to speed up the process. If you reimport the data for a range you’ve already imported, the new data replaces the old information.
As MYOB uses some account classifications and numbers which aren't available in Spotlight, the first time that you import your data we recommend that you check that your accounts appear in the correct section.
Note: You only need to do this after your first import. For subsequent imports, Spotlight recognises the report codes you've already set.
- Open the Customise Data tab, then click the required tab, for example Assets.
- In the Report Code column, check that the report code shown matches the type of account.
- If required, to change a report code click the existing code, browse to and select the new area, then click Save.
From time to time, we may update the Desktop Connector to roll out new features and improvements. Updates are automatically downloaded and installed, however you will need to restart the Desktop Connector application to use the latest version.
- In the Windows system tray, locate the Spotlight Desktop Connector icon .
- Right-click the icon, then choose Exit.
- Open the Spotlight Desktop Connector application from the Windows Start menu.
For information about resolving any difficulty with the import, or what to do if the data appears incorrect, please refer to Troubleshooting MYOB AccountRight Desktop imports.