Add non-financial accounts
When you create your own non-financial accounts in Spotlight, you can import them via Excel or create the account directly in Spotlight.
Import accounts via Excel
- From the Import tab, click the Excel option and download the import template.
- Open the template and in the Non Financial tab, enter the name and account type of each account.
- Account name - Column A - This is the account name you want to appear on your Spotlight reports.
- Account type - Column B - This should always be Non-Financial.
- Enter the required dates in the format mmm-yy into column C onwards.
- Enter your actual values into the corresponding months from column C onwards.
Note: You should enter the month-end value.
- In the Non Financial Targets tab, enter the same account names and type you used in step 2.
- Enter the required dates in the format mmm-yy into column C onwards
- Enter your target values into the corresponding months from column C onwards.
Note: If required, you can enter future targets. These will appear in Spotlight in yellow, as with financial budgets.
- Open the Non Financial tab, and enter the actual results as of each month.
- Save the Excel workbook on your computer.
- Open Spotlight, then from the Import tab click Choose file.
- Browse to and select the saved file, then click Open.
- Once the file uploads, to complete the process click Import.
Note: Once the import is complete, if any errors are reported please check the error message and correct any issues before re-importing the Excel file.
If any accounts have not been mapped correctly, you can change the Report Code in the Customise Data tab to correct the mapping.
Create a new account in Spotlight
- From the Customise Data tab click Non Financials.
Note: Spotlight already contains some default non-financial accounts. These are already set up for you, and appear on some default charts.
- Click Add Account, then enter a name for the new non-financial account and click Save.
- Find the new account within the data grid and enter the actual and target values for the account.