Location & Internal ID
What are Locations and Internal IDs?
You can assign a location and/or internal ID to organisations in Spotlight. Once assigned, you can:
- Search and filter the organisation dashboard by location
- Search and access organisations by their internal ID
How can you use locations and internal IDs?
Bookkeepers, Accountants, Advisors
- Location: Identify which office/location each client belongs to - great for firms who have multiple offices operating one Spotlight account
- Internal ID: Find organisations by the internal client ID used within the firm.
- Location: If your business operates in multiple locations or regions, assign a location to each organisation to easily search and filter by location/region.
Manage Location or Internal ID
When adding a new organisation to Spotlight, you can enter a location and/or internal ID - these are optional.
You can update the location and internal ID on the organisation settings page (click the Settings link under the organisation).
Note: there is no way to add these in bulk. You can only assign one location as well as one ID to any organisation at any time.