Using the non-cash rule
You can use a non-cash rule to create entries that do not have a cash impact on the profit and loss accounts in your cashflow forecast.
- Within the forecast, open the Profit & Loss tab.
- Open the relevant Profit & Loss section, then locate your revenue or expense account.
- Click Add Rule, then enter a name for the rule.
- From the Rule Type drop-down list, choose Non Cash.
- From the Select Account to Apply Rule To drop-down list, choose your revenue or expense account(s).
- From the Journal To drop-down list, choose the Balance Sheet account that the non-cash entry should be posted to.
- Click Next, then click Save Rule.
The values now appear in your Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss reports only - these values will be excluded from the Cashflow Forecast report.